Prev: For Jon @ GZG: Point conversion from FT to DS2 Next: Re: Bogey Markers

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: Sandy Goh <sandy@a...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 17:44:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

On Mon, 5 May 1997 22:32:38 +0300 (EET DST), you wrote:

>> One of the rules I added regarding Sand Clouds was that if a Pulse
>> Torpedo Launcher targeted the Sand Cloud that it would be dispersed.
>> Obviously other area effect weapons could disperse the cloud as well.

I'm sorry for being an idiot but why are you throwing sand? Is it to
provide some sort of defence against kinetic weapons and beams? IMO
pressurised foam that expanded and hardened upon entering space would
be a more realistic approach and give you much more ammunition to play
with (how much sand are you going to need, and I'm assuming that the
sand is not sand but some sort of reflective grit).

You could also make the foam shiny to disperse lasers or give you a
whopping huge radar signature and make people think your little
destroyer was a superdreadnought. The foam would also harden into a
block and therefore be easier to see coming and avoid, which would
help the space stations out.

Finally, if the foam was chemically unstable and burnt up after a
short while, you could not throw it at people from a long way off,
which is what (I think) caused this thread in the first place.

Sandy Goh (sandy@artica.demon.co.uk)

Prev: For Jon @ GZG: Point conversion from FT to DS2 Next: Re: Bogey Markers