Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

For Jon @ GZG: Point conversion from FT to DS2

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 17:38:31 -0400
Subject: For Jon @ GZG: Point conversion from FT to DS2

Jon,
	I'm examining the use of FT and DS2/SG to build a campeign with.
The critical piece is the point conversions between the games.	I was
wondering if you have put any thought to the issue and have an answer.
	In the meantime, I have pulled out some examples from both games
and
tried to find the conversion.  I would apreciate other's feedback on my
examples (i.e. nicely point out my mistakes...) as well.
	In More Thrust we are told that 1 Mass of drop ship can carry 10
Cargo spaces and that a soldier being transported takes up 2 Cargo
spaces.
In DirtSide II we are told that 1 Vehicle Capacity is equal to 1 Troops
space. Therefore, it costs 2 Full Thrust Point (FTP) per 5 man squad to
be
transported to the surface in a size 1 (5 troop capacity) AEROSPACE
transport.

Example 1:  a 5 man basic AEROSPACE Transport costs 2 FTP
DirtSide II Stats and costs:
Size: 1 	5 Troops Capacity
Armor: 0				BVP:	5
Fusion Power Generator: 			+3
AEROSPACE Mobility:				+50

Total Cost:					58
FTP to DSP Conversion:	2 to 58:  or 1 Full Thust Point equals 29
DirtSide
Points.

Example 2: 10 Mass Drop Ship out of More Thrust Book Costs 20 Full
Thrust Points
DirtSide II Stats and Costs:
Size: 10	 Troop Capacity: 50
Armor: 0				BVP:	50
Fusion Power Generator: 			+30
AEROSPACE Mobility:				+500

Total Cost:					580
FTP to DSP Conversion: 20 to 580 or 1 Full Thrust Point equals 29
Dirtside
Points.

Example 3:  Standard Fighter out of Full Thrust given that a MASS 6
Hangar
Bay costs 2 FTP (More Thrust).	Therefore a single fighter would cost 3
each.
DirtSide II Stats and Costs:
Size: 1 	Capacity: 5
Armor: 1				BVP:	  6
Fusion Power Generator: 			+ 3.6
AEROSPACE Mobility:				+60
2 High Energy Lasers type 1			+24
Basic Fire Control				+ 2

Total Cost:					95.6
FTP to DSP Conversion: 95.6 to 3 or 1 Full Thrust Point equals about 32
DirtSide Points.

	Final Analysis, it would seem reasonable to say that 1 Full
Thrust
Point is the Equivelant to 30 DirtSide II Points.

	I would Apreciate it if others would compare their own data
samples.

Phil P.

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII