Prev: Re: Bigger--not always better Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:19:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> about FT missiles before; those who use a large play area and move at
high
> velocities find missiles next to useless, while those who move slower
in
> smaller areas find them lethal.

Big area is not major factor, since nothing outranges missiles. Even if
your table's a mile wide, you can close till 50" with impunity before
unleashing the missiles -- usually closer. Big tables allow higher
velocities, but even they are limited -- it gets hard to shoot anything
once your speed is higher than your weapon range.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Bigger--not always better Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas