Prev: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

From: dgundberg@S...
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:21:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Jon (the FT deity) wrote:

> who would miss the "old" FT missiles if we replaced them with
something
> like these?

 I would.

 I like the idea of weapons that take multiple turns to take effect.  It

 adds an element of suspense to the game.  Each side watches, turn by
turn
 as the missiles close.  Will they all hit their target ship?  Will the
 ship get away?  Single turn weapons are fired and gone, no suspense.

 How they move can be modified but needs to be quick and simple. I had
the
 thought of having a pool of thrust points for each missle so it can
have a
 fast quick life or a slow long one.

 A while ago I contributed to a discussion on the list on Plasma
Torpedoes
 which were basically a combination of torpedoes and the Wave Gun.
Another
 example of a multi-turn weapon that adds suspense.

 Missile boats would not seem right if they let loose their weapons and
the
 result was determined right away.

 Dean Gundberg
 dgundberg@bcbsnd.com

Prev: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas