Prev: Re: Threshold Damage Cards Next: Stargrunt?

Re: Points values, uses thereof.

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:02:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Points values, uses thereof.

Donald A. Chipman III writes:
> Points seem to be a
> measurement of relative combat value, not necessarily an assessment of
> material worth or technological advancement.

Not necessarily -- what if the points system were scrapped and mass was
the only measure of a ship's value? How would you differentiate between
the value of a thrust-2 Superdreadnaught and a thrust-8
Superdreadnaught?

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: Threshold Damage Cards Next: Stargrunt?