Prev: Re: Points values, uses thereof. Next: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

Stargrunt?

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:04:00 -0500
Subject: Stargrunt?

I'd like to try a sci-fi skirmish game.  I've got a bunch of board
games with figures (Space Hulk, Legions of Steel, Mutant Chronicles
(the $10 big box of minis)) and had assumed I'd use those figures,
though I wasn't sure with what rules.  (I might throw in my Epic
scale Knights as well, since they'd fit in OK as robots.)

But in hearing how people like to include vehicles and such into
these kinds of things, I wondered whether I'd try to use my Epic
infantry figures instead.  The idea of setting up a really small
terrain layout on the kitchen table appeals to me, and I could
use the trees and stuff I've already gotten for that scale.  I'd
glue the guys to washers to weight them on the bottom and help
hold them up.  I'd just need to paint them bright colors so I
didn't miss any.  :-)  Vehicles in this scale are a _lot_ cheaper
than they'd be for the full scale, and I already have a bunch.
I'd switch from inches to centimeters, basically increasing range,
since the figures change in scale more than the factor of inches to
cm.

I figured I'd start off trying to hack up rules in Critter Commandos,
since that's the only outdoor (non-gridded) rules I've got.  Since
I've got Legions of Steel, I could also start off with the downloadable
Planetstorm preview.

For future reference, however, does anyone have any comparisons of
Stargrunt II with Planetstorm?	I'm interested in ease and speed of
play, and in fun.  I want a basic level of realism (no running across
the open waving a sword at a guy with a big gun), and reasonably
easy to balance.  Oh, and customization, as well.  I won't try at
all to figure out what GW did with the figures in 40K (I play Space
Marine but not 40K), but I would like to easily assign values to
the figures.  (I'd like to have points, but I know SG2 doesn't have
them.  May not be important.)

Thanks,
andy
andy.skinner@tseng.com

Prev: Re: Points values, uses thereof. Next: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire