Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Star Trek, 1st gen

Re: C batteries / PDAF

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:15:48 -0500
Subject: Re: C batteries / PDAF

Andy wrote,

> >> What do you think about, for a simpler version of the game,
>  >>  just equating C batteries and PDAF?  You can only use them
>  >>  for one or the other in a turn, though.
>  >>  Maybe ADAF can be used for Cs, but not vice versa.
>  >
>  >If I understand you, you want to use the standard designs, but you
play
>  >without fighters and missiles and whatnot so the *DAFs are wasted?
>
>  Yes.  The part that I thought people wouldn't like may not have been
>  stated explicitly: Even when I add fighters and missiles, I might
just
>  leave out PDAFs and let C batteries do either thing (but not both in
>  one turn).

Well...*I* wouldn't do it, I think both fighers and missiles are deadly
enough without downgrading your defenses. But that's me. Give it a shot.
If
you don't like it, you can always switch back. I'd think twice, though,
before bringing a *DAF-less fleet to a tournament or anything.	:-)

>  But whether people like it or not, there does seem to be a pretty
good
>  amount of tolerance on this list.

Hey, it's not like any of *us* have changed the rules around any, right?
 ;-)

Scott Field

ATHEISM: A godless religeon that retains all the dogmatic posturing of
the
faiths it so confidently denies, with few of the consolations.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Star Trek, 1st gen