Prev: Re: Ogre Figures Next: Starbase models

Re: Firecons

From: gentloser@t... (David & Anita Crowhurst)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:20:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Firecons

>We have always played that multiple fire controls could target the same

>target (some weapons require a fire control all to themselves [pulse
>torpedos, needle beams]). Thus to target the same ship with both beam
>weapons and pulse torpedos would need a fire contorl (each) targeting
the
>same ship.

As far as I understand the original question the game involved being
able to
lock on to the target with the firecon, this being because of a dust
cloud
in the play area. I am of the opinion that the usual FT rules would
apply,
that firecons dictate the number of targets that can be fired upon in
the
phase. Now the player only stated one target, and so therefore even if
multiple firecons were fitted to the vessel he would only get one try.
If
that firecon couldn't lock then tough. Of course it is one of those
instances where you wish that the particular occurance had been covered
in a
pre-game agreement.

>Brian Bell

regards
gent
---
Slums may well be breeding-grounds of crime,
but middle-class suburbs are incubators of apathy and delirium.

      **  http://www.tcp.co.uk/~gentloser/  **
      **  Copyright © David Crowhurst 1996  **

Prev: Re: Ogre Figures Next: Starbase models