Prev: RE: Trek conversions Next: Forces in DSII and SGII

Re: Full Trek Ship Stats

From: Mark Sigerson <errant@w...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:05:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Trek Ship Stats

Scott,

	Thanks for the Borg stats.  I'm only just starting out in FT, so
I can't tell
you much yet.  When I get the group together, we'll try it out.  One
interesting point I
recall from TNG was Data's comment that it would require almost 75%
damage to mission
kill a Borg cube.  And it is awfully big.  I don't know what you might
use to classify
the Borg "cutting beam" that sliced through several decks of the
Enterprise-D.

	A Federation task force facing the Borg would (as it did in
First Contact)
include the Defiant, as that was her original purpose.	From what I can
recall,
Defiant's warp drive puts out enormous power -- until the structural
integrity field was
modified, it was likely to shake itself apart.	It is also incredibly
nimble.  In
addition to powerful phasers and quantum torps, it is equipped with
ablative armor, as
the captain of the USS Lakota discovered.  This raises another point:
What has become
of the Exclesiors still in service?  When the Lakota faced the Defiant
near Earth (as
DS9 fans will remember), that old Excelsior class sported
state-of-the-art phasers and
quantum torps.	The battle could have gone either way, which should say
a great deal
about that "tough little ship."  To the best of my knowledge, the
prototype Defiant
(still NX-74205) is the only one in existence.

	Now, any thoughts about the Enterprise-E?  We'd better do it
soon.  If the trend
continues, she probably won't survive another film!

	Mark

		"Well, I guess that's enough talking.  Now back to the
fighting."

								-- Quark

Prev: RE: Trek conversions Next: Forces in DSII and SGII