Prev: B5 Bits Next: Re: Full Trek Ship Stats

RE: Trek conversions

From: Michael Carter Llaneza <mllaneza@s...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:46:35 -0500
Subject: RE: Trek conversions

At 10:20 AM -0800 1/27/97, hosford.donald wrote:
>At 02:57 PM 1/27/97 +0000, you wrote:
>
>SFB is produced by Task Force Games (URL: www.task-force-games.com)
>In my personal experience was the power allowcation, and the turn
sequence
>that took so long.  If any of the more complex rule sections were used,
or
>more than two ships on a side, the games were VERY long, just to play
>out a
>few turns.
>
>Donald Hosford

You just need to play SFB with people who can handle the energy
allocation for a cruiser in 5 minutes tops. Unfortunately, the
engineering types who are good at SFB also microanalyze tactics and
possible enemy moves. That can happen with any game, no matter how
simple. Some people have to carefully analyze every move and take their
sweet time on every decision. SFB just has more decisions to make and
thus more opportunities to waste time.

Michael Carter Llaneza
http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.

Processor	     Clock Speed       Bytemark Integer Benchmarks
Pentium 	       90 MHz			      1.0
Pentium 	      200 MHz			      2.1
PowerPC 603e	      117 MHz			      2.2
Pentium Pro	      200 MHz			      2.8
PowerPC 603e	      200 MHz			      3.8
PowerPC 604e	      200 MHz			      4.5

Prev: B5 Bits Next: Re: Full Trek Ship Stats