Prev: Re: Seasons Greetings big time...... Next: Re: Re[2]: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Suggestiong for FT/B5 rulesets

From: Michael Smit <mcsmit@a...>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:06:04 -0500
Subject: Suggestiong for FT/B5 rulesets

In the scenario that I ran two weekends ago, we tried an interesting
variation of the rules that could be applied to any of the sets out
there.

Basically, a Centauri Light Cruiser got within spitting distance of a
Narn destroyer.  The Centauri player wondered why the interceptors would
work as screens when they were closer than 3", while fighter attacks
would go right through.  I didn't have a good reason why, so the Narn's
interceptors were ineffective against that.

(It should be noted that concentrated Narn firepower reduced the
Republic CL to slag that turn.	And it only barely wounded the
destroyer.)

To simulate the "Right down their throats" idea, interceptors do not
provide shielding from any attack within 3", not just fighter attacks.

I'm still gathering reports of the scenario, then I'll have to make a
decision if I can run it as a PBEM, or just post it.  Time is the
biggest problem.  If someone else wants my scenario to run as a PBEM,
that would be the absolute best thing.	Contact me if you want to work
on that.

Michael Smit
mcsmit@aros.net

P.S. For those of you out there who know me, I've changed my email
address.  Take note.

Prev: Re: Seasons Greetings big time...... Next: Re: Re[2]: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]