Prev: Re: Easy Mecha Rules Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Re: (North) American games...

From: "Nick Meredith" <nickm@d...>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 10:57:18 -0500
Subject: Re: (North) American games...

On 15 Dec 96 at 14:04, Stuart Murray wrote:
> >Rukesh Korde wrote:

> >Heh heh... it is an interesting idea though.  And of course, a
> >British person (what *do* you call yourselves?) would never have
> >made the US the dominant partner, as an American would have done! :-)
>
> I guess it depends where you were born.  As I was born in England,
I'm
> English,  but I am also a member of the British Isles, or to put it
another
> way, British.
>
> Of course I could also be described as a resident of the U.K., but
> definately not ukish !

Generally agreeing with what Stuart  said, most people born in
Britain whose families have been in Britain for several generations
would claim to be Englsh, Scotish, Irish, or Welsh, depending either
on where they were born, or which part of Britain their family came
from. More recent arrivals would more often claim to be British, or
would quote where their family came from, even though they may have a
British passport.

The authorities OTOH prefer to call us all British. It keeps things
simple.
--
Cheers
Nick Meredith - nickm@discover.co.uk - Coventry, UK

Prev: Re: Easy Mecha Rules Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]