Prev: Re: A good year... (was Re: (North) American games...) Next: Re: (North) American games...

Re: Easy Mecha Rules

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 10:49:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Easy Mecha Rules

>	A couple days ago I lamented the fact that there were no "easy"
mecha
> rules out on the gaming market.  Well, I think I may have found a set.

> The game is called "Wehrmacht" by Tyrant games (a local outfit).  It's
> science fantasy game where players control cadres of 200 foot tall
> robots called "knights."  The system is completely diceless and very
> easy to pick up.  There's only one snag:  I'm not sure if Tyrant Games
> is still in business.  They just came out with the game this summer
and
> it would be a shame if it went under this soon.

We also had a lunch made /out/ of Tyrant Games only a few months ago
on rec.games.mecha; check their web site.  The art is juvenile, the
mechanics are not on anything /like/ a nodding acquaintance with
reality and from a basic reading of what they produced looks to be a
munchkin's dream come true on the minmax front, the setting is
derivitive and, basically, from everything I could tell, this
including the posts of the authors on the newsgroup, Tyrant probably
/deserves/ to die a quick but not painless death for producing this
travesty.

Mind you, it might be just what you're looking for, but I'm with a
pickier bunch, I suppose.  The discussion should still be on the Deja
News server if you want to review it.

Prev: Re: A good year... (was Re: (North) American games...) Next: Re: (North) American games...