Prev: Re: Ship model sources... Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:27:44 -0500
Subject: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

At 10:47 AM 12/8/96 -0700, you wrote:
>The direction seems like
>Car Wars.  It started out as a fun, easy to play, yet extendable game,
then
>it became "Car Fleet Battles" with way too much stuff (optional rules,
rules
>revisions, and such).
>Let's not take FT there.

I'm of a dissenting opinion. As this list proves, there is lots of room
for
extra rules in FT, such as dockyards, casements, new weapons, new
fighters,
etc. I don't have a problem with a little more added complexity.

What I DO have a problem with is the "must upgrade at all costs"
mentality
that I'm seeing vis a vis Full Thrust. If you like Full Thrust as it is,
why
worry that the next version is more complex? Just play FT2 and don't
bother
buying FT3. Why is everyone assuming that when FT3 comes out no one will
want to play FT2?

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Ship model sources... Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.