Prev: Re: Missile storms Next: Re: Missile storms

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 18:01:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, lojeck wrote:

> in the 180 mass 3 ship configuration, what happens if you destroy the
> center ship? or should the ship be designed to not have a center?
>
> Brian Lojeck
> lojeck@mizar.usc.edu

The assumption we were running on is that total hull points is not
representative of the entire hull, merely the amount of damage required
to damage its usefulness in terms of vital systems and such and actually

there are structural elements left behind even if all damage points are
gone.  A second method would be to design superships in a starbase type
arrangement, with each module connected to all the others... So a three
module ships would look like a triangle (with limiting arcs for each
module)

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Missile storms Next: Re: Missile storms