Prev: Re: Virus Alert! Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Re: Missile storms

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:30:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile storms

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Geoff Webb wrote:
> Hi,
> I know this has been touched upon in the past but has anyone come up
> with an effective defense against very large numbers of missiles ?

High speed & maneuverability will beat any missile any day -- when
you're
going faster than the missile, there's no way it can hit you.

One of my favorite ship designs is a thrust-8 cruiser with 3 "A" beams,
2 shields, and 3 PDAFS.  It's expensive, but it has the maneuvering
power
to stay out of a missile's path (and get behind the opponent) and the
staying power needed to attack a capital ship.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: Virus Alert! Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...