Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: lojeck <lojeck@b...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 15:37:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

> Have you tried making superships modular?  I.e. a 200 mass supership
is
> borken down into 4, 50 mass units with 1-2 sections having engines,
1-2
> sections having the FTL (Original costs are based on the total 200
mass
> though)  This allows level 3 shields on 4 sections for a total of 12
> shield units, up to 4 hits on engines and 2 hits on FTL.  It also
gives
> 12 firecontrols.  It's almost equivalent to buying 4 Mass 50 ships
flying
> in very close formation.  Other sized ships are also possible, i.e. a
150
> mass is 3 sections, a 180 is 3 sections of mass 60 etc.  each module
> should be mass 50 or greater and they should all be equal.

in the 180 mass 3 ship configuration, what happens if you destroy the
center ship? or should the ship be designed to not have a center?

just wondering, its a good idea!

Brian Lojeck
lojeck@mizar.usc.edu

"This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that
they've
been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never
ends..."

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...