Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: lojeck <lojeck@b...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 15:15:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

> The structure of larger ships would tend to be more protective for
internal
> systems than those for smaller ships.  I like the way the threshold
system
> works right now since it should be easier to damage a smaller ship.

gotta agree here. I think that the extra cargo room for a larger hull
should be free. after all, if you don't fill up a ship with systems,
then
the extra space has no effect on game play, so should cost nothing. if
you
DO fill it up, you will pay points for whatever it is you filled it up
with.

the only thing left to pay for with the increasing cost of a hull is the
ability to take damage and have different threshold check rates...

Brian Lojeck
lojeck@mizar.usc.edu

"This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that
they've
been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never
ends..."

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...