Prev: Re: FT III alternative rules Next: Re: VGA planets, anyone?

Re: Armored Missiles

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 11:37:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Armored Missiles

Chad wrote,

> I've noticed that some people on the list have complained that
Missiles
>  are too powerful.  This has been the opposite experience in our
campaign.
>  What we have seen is the mounting of 3-5 PDAF on a large Capital (100
>  mass) and smaller ships mounting an ADAF and maybe a PDAF as well.
Fleet
>  encounters usually mean that a typical missile will have to survive
about
>  8-12 dice of AF fire.  Not many get through.

Another possibility would be to go the "low-tech" route by halving
missile
effectiveness and doubling the number you can carry/launch:

Mini-missiles:	Mass - 1,  Cost - 3.	Does 1d6 damage.
(you might also want to give it only a 2-turn life)

Thus you overwhelm the target's defenses. Some missiles get through but
do
less damage.

Just another idea,
Scott

POLITICALLY CORRECT TERMINOLOGY: Inadvertently comical euphemisms
mandated by
committees of humorless academicians for the purpose of offending no
group
escept believers in free speach.

Prev: Re: FT III alternative rules Next: Re: VGA planets, anyone?