Prev: Re: Armored Missiles Next: Re: Beam Weapons

Re: VGA planets, anyone?

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 11:37:53 -0500
Subject: Re: VGA planets, anyone?

Tom wrote,

> And has anyone had any experience
>  with needle beams? I'm thinking of creating an anti-capital ship ship
add
> a little something to out current games.

I love needle beams, but as with all 1-arc weapons they put a high
emphasis
on maneuverability. I find they work best on escorts and fast cruisers
where
you have a much better chance of "bringing your guns to bear." I'm still
chafing from one early game I played where my fleet was heavy on
thrust-4
cruisers armed with torpedoes & needles. My cursed opponent (sound
familiar,
Monty?) had mostly escorts and flew circles around me; on most turns I
was
lucky if half my ships got to fire. :-(

Scott

COST-EFFECTIVE: The only type of activity that would be worth pursuing
if
accountants ruled the world, which of course they do.

Prev: Re: Armored Missiles Next: Re: Beam Weapons