Prev: SG II Miniatures Next: Re: Beam Batteries

RE: FT3, details of needed changes

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 13:23:24 -0400
Subject: RE: FT3, details of needed changes

On 8 Oct 1996, Brian Bell wrote:

> Fast but unmanoverable is what we have. Any ship can travel any speed.
Its
> trying to stay in the play area that is hard.

No, we have fast and manouvrable (thrust 8 escorts) and slow and
unmanouvrable (thrust 2 capitals). Fast but unmanouvrable is easier to
implement with a Real Thrust variant (...look at Mark's FT page) where
large
ships have very powerful main thrusters but are unable to turn more than

one clock facing or so per turn, while small ships have relatively
weaker
main thrusters, but can change facing faster.

> Try starting a game on a standard table (approx 3x6' or 1x2m) at a
starting
> velocity of 24 or 600mm).
>
> By the way what is the standard metric conversion for this game? My
best guess
> was 1" coverts to 25mm (adjusted apporximation for playability).

I use the conversion 1 M.U. (Measuring Unit) = 1 M.U. If you measure in
inches, then 1 M.U. = 1"; if you measure in cm, 1 M.U. = 1 cm. I measure
in
cm, and have no problem at all manouvreing my thrust 8 escorts at speed
40 and stay on my 120cm * 80cm table. The capitals are more difficult;
but even so speeds around 20 are the norm with the normal FT movement
rules.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: SG II Miniatures Next: Re: Beam Batteries