Prev: Re: Simple Question Next: [DSII] Online Conversion?

Re: Torpedoes

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 20:40:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

<< Seems like there's not much of a consensus on this issue. I tend
toward
the
 "one fire con per torpedo target" school myself, but I could make an
argument
 for the "one fire con per torpedo" side, too. Hmm...any chance of
getting an
 "official" ruling, Mike Elliott?  (Which, of course, we will then be
free to
 ignore if we don't like it...I love GZG!)   :-)

 Scott Field >>

Well, at GenCon Mike Miserendino and I both had Jon Tuffley (the game
designer) viewing our games.  Both of us ran the "one FireCon per Torp
target".  That seems fairly official on a ruling right there.
Seriously, a
FireCon is the targeting and sensor system.  Similar weapons should be
able
to share the data provided by the FireCon.  Even telemetry-hungry
weapons
like Needle Beams can share a FireCon when they are targeting the same
area.
 Given the different firing solutions between beams and pulse torps,
they
need seperate FireCons to work their respective shots, but on the same
target
all similar weapons should be able to share the targeting data.

Morgul, aka Morgan Keyes
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way!

Prev: Re: Simple Question Next: [DSII] Online Conversion?