Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: An idea for Svasku

Re: An idea for Svasku

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@d...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 07:38:56 -0400
Subject: Re: An idea for Svasku

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Simon Campbell-Smith wrote:

> One thought that drift across my mind was that Svasku ships are bio
> therefore they have to eat. What better than an opposing ships! The
> svasku ship moves to within 3 inches of it victim. The other vesel can
be
> a maximun of 1/3 the mass of the Svasku  ship. It then 'tractor beams'

> its opponent this takes up the whole of the fire phase.

Neat idea, but what about the relative velocities of the two ships?
If both ships are travelling at speed 10 directly toward each other,
I would think that the enemy ship would punch a hole through the
Savaksu ship if it tried to eat the enemy ship!
	Wouldn't it make more sense to use part of the boarding rules,
i.e. the two ships have to be within 1" velocity of each other, and
they have to be within 1 point heading of each other.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: An idea for Svasku