Prev: Re: Aliens in DSII/SGII Next: RE: SSNs, SSKs, Aircraft etc (was Tours)

RE: Fantasy combat with DS2?

From: SimonC@d... (Simon Campbell-Smith)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 02:26:36 -0400
Subject: RE: Fantasy combat with DS2?

It is interesting to read that people from across the pond have a
similar
feelings about 'that fantasy company'. I have recently been told of a
rather nasty business practice thay have. It goes something like:

Get a local games shop to stock your product. When the sales of your
product in that area via this shop reach a certain threshold set up your

own store just down the road and then stop supplying the local game
store
with your products.

Not a very friendly thing to do really. I gather this has been
challenged
in the courts in th US and declared illegal. I am no solicitor/lawyer
but
I think that is a fair judgement.

It would be great if a right minded business man was to set up a rival.

There many things 'that fanatasy company'  do well. They supply
excellent
paint encourage games in their shops which are always clean tidy and
very
well laid out.

I only wish I had the backing as I would give it a go. There is money to

be made and at the moment it is almost all  going to one place.