Prev: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning) Next: Re: B5 BREWs update. (inc spoilers)

Re: B5 BREWs update. (inc spoilers)

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:24:29 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 BREWs update. (inc spoilers)

Date sent:  22-AUG-1996 13:03:44

>> I always class the White Star as a Destroyer, but despite it's small
>> size, it can fit a Jump Drive, and a BGEW. It uses Plasma Cannons,
>> so can go on intercept mode, has Minbari Screens and Armour 2,
>> is Fast, and nearly invincible by ordinary ship standards.

>I believe it has been mentioned that the White Star uses the same
>defensive technology as the Vorlons, not the Minbari.

It did say they used vorlon tech defence. It did NOT say that they
didn't use Minbari. 8-) Besides, there are only so many defensive
systems, so I can't make all the techs different. The WS is the only
ship that uses all three (Interceptors, Screens and Armour).

(BTW The improved armour represents the Vorlon 'learning' skin)

>By the
>stall turn Lennier put it into last episode, I would say it uses
>Kravak movement rules. It don't know if it's that fast - one of the
>Shadow ships managed to catch it up pretty quickly.

I'm planing on using the 'realistic movement rules' as published
on the Web by Mike Elliot and JT. With these rules, provided the
WS can flip, it should be able to break pretty sharpish, using it's
main drive to decelerate.

>> Vorlons and Shadows BYEW and RBREW (Big Yellow Energy Weapon and
>> Really Big Red Energy Weapon)
>:-).

>> All Vorlon ships have class 2 armour as standard. All Shadow
Battlespiders
>> can phase in and out of hyperspace (treat as cloaking) as per jump
>> drives.

>It's even worse than that I'm afraid. As far as it goes, it appears
>they don't have the 'don't know where they are going' problem that
>cloaks normally give you.

Sorry, I always play it that way anyway with ST ships, so I forgot
to note about that. You are correct. The energy drain however is quite
sevear, so they won't be doing it too often.

>> All B*EW require one firecon per target which may not be shared by
>> any weapon which is not also a B*EW.

>Actually, I think you were right the first time. I don't think you
>can fire your ?B?EW while you are firing anything else - the White
>Star and Minbari only ever fire the big gun or the others, never
>both. Same with the Earth ships in 'Shattered Dreams' As to the
>Shadows and Vorlons, well it seems that's all they bother with
>anyway..

But dropping the interceptor screen would be BAD. Perhaps this penalty
would be in order to prevent people firing as soon as the beam is
charged. Only use it for the killing blow so to speak (And when you
know the other guy won't be firing at you.) The races that don't use
interceptors anyway (Minbari, Vorlon, Shadow) won't have a problem.
(But you will 8-) )

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning) Next: Re: B5 BREWs update. (inc spoilers)