Prev: RE: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert Next: Re: B5 BREWs update. (inc spoilers)

Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning)

From: Alun Thomas <A.Thomas@f...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:06:19 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning)

THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS FOR THE B5 EPISODE "Walkabout"

      now
	 if
	   you
	      don't
		   want
			 spoil
			      it
				for
				   yourself

20

15

10

5
4
3
2
1

Still here ?

Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@bolton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm still adamant (gedit?) that the pulse cannons can block beam fire,
> (I know this doesn't sit well with some people. Tough.) and the idea
of
> charging should stay.

I don't know about BREWs intercepting beams, but I agree about the
charging.

> So you still have a central power store. The only things that draw
> from this are the beams and the jump drive. You gain 1d6 points each
> turn (provided the Jump Drive is intact [...] and can store a maximum
of
> 6 points.
> - Open a Jump Point cost 6. [...]
> - Fire a Beam. cost = Beam Class.

Based on Walkabout, I'd say that the central power store holds enough
to open a jump point AND fire the BREW - how about assuming that
the jump drive holds 6 points, and each BREW holds its own class
(or possibly class * 2). Also, BREWs can be fired with less than
full power, doing reduced damage (pumping more energy into the
WhiteStar's BREW enabled it to do more damage, not having enough
energy reduced its damage). Finally, Lenir (sp?) seemed to be
pretty sure of how long it would take to recharge the jump engines,
so I'd say roll d6 with 1 giving no points, 2-5 giving 1, and 6
giving 2 points, or possibly just a flat number of points per turn.

Is it possible that a ship which opens a jump point gets the energy
(or a fraction of it) back when the point collapses. I'm basing this
on the way that the WhiteStar's jump engines weren't drained when
it engaged the first shadow ship, despite having come through a jump
point. Note its possible that the less advanced races get less of this
power back after a jump.  Anyone seen anything that would contradict
this idea ? (I've only been watching since "Severed Dreams")

> Minbari BGEW (Big Green Energy Weapon)
>
> As BREW, but it don't need to charge.
eh ? The White Star seemed to need to charge its BGEW in Walkabout, in
fact, if it recharged instantly, they wouldn't have needed any help from
the G'Tok. Its possible that the Minbari BGEW simply has a larger power
store and recharges faster than the less advanced versions.

> Vorlons and Shadows BYEW and RBREW (Big Yellow Energy Weapon and
> Really Big Red Energy Weapon)

I thought the Shadows weapon was a RBPEW (Really Big Purple Energy
Weapon)

    Alun.
    ~~~~

Prev: RE: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert Next: Re: B5 BREWs update. (inc spoilers)