Prev: WWW Image Archive... Next: Re: Torpedoes

Re: Torpedoes

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 16:00:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, JAMES BUTLER wrote:

>	  I have the same problem. Everyone wants to put a ton of A bats
on
> EVERYTHING!! I don't want to put in a bunch of rules like "no more
than x%
> of mass may be deployed as A-bats" or anything but I am sorely
tempted. You
> want people to build balanced designs, something akin to real navies
but all
> they want is to find the game system's "super-weapon" then equip their
> entire fleet with as many of them as possible. What in the world do
you do
> about this??

Simplest way is to increase the mass of A batteries to 4. While this
isn't perfect, it changes the A from straight-out better than the rest
to something which spends close-range firepower for better range.

Of course, the vulnerability of A batteries to treshold checks is a good

argument too; increasing their mass puts more emphasis on it.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

( Snailmail: Ljuskarrsvagen 44N1, 133 31  Saltsjobaden, SWEDEN
     )
( Telephone: +46 - (0)8-7177891
     )
( Email: f92-ooh@nada.kth.se
     )
-------

Prev: WWW Image Archive... Next: Re: Torpedoes