Prev: Re: Fleet Books Next: WWW Image Archive...

Re: Torpedoes

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 14:50:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

>I'm not much into exploiting weak points in the rules for personal
gain,
but >since my group is doing campaigns with ship construction as a major
part of the
>theme, we tend to end up running into rules problems.	I wrote a
>scenario (we were testing rules changes proposals) recently and I
>couldn't believe how satisfying it was to have three capital ships in
>the game and still only have six A batteries on the entire field!  You
>would never see that if people built their own ships, because when
>people build their own ships they go into **RULES STATISTICIAN** mode
>and they notice how much better A batteries are than anything else.
>They also notice how much better mass 36 cruisers are than mass 19
>cruisers.  Stuff like that.
>-joachim

	I have the same problem. Everyone wants to put a ton of A bats
on
EVERYTHING!! I don't want to put in a bunch of rules like "no more than
x%
of mass may be deployed as A-bats" or anything but I am sorely tempted.
You
want people to build balanced designs, something akin to real navies but
all
they want is to find the game system's "super-weapon" then equip their
entire fleet with as many of them as possible. What in the world do you
do
about this??

James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Fleet Books Next: WWW Image Archive...