Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Torpedoes

Re: Fleet Books

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 14:45:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Fleet Books

>>What about getting some of the people on the list to design these
>>fleet books?	I'm sure it could be done.
>
>But why would you want to do it? I for one would be against any idea
that
>any other persons NAC cruisers were more 'proper' than my own designs.
>
>The only possible benefit of having 'fleet books' is for tournaments,
but
>in this case I'd prefer to limit all fleets to the 'generic' designs.

	I would have thought it interesting just to see the different
design
strategies employed by the different sides, not to mention that it would
be
nice to have some nice balanced designs utilizing technologies from MT
use off the shelf as it were in tournaments and "historical" scenarios.

	Another advantage would be that when you referred to a "Napolean
class Battle Dreadnought" everyone would know what you were talking
about.

	Just a thought...

James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Torpedoes