Prev: RE: HELP! Next: Re: Torpedoes

News from Galoob

From: davisje@a... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 06:49:47 -0400
Subject: News from Galoob

I got this response today from Galoob, the makers of the Space
Micro Machines for Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Star Wars models.

STAR WARS ACTION FLEET BATTLE PACKS NOW ON THE GALOOB TOYS WEB SITE
(http://www.galoob.com)!

A SOURCE FOR HARD-TO-FIND MICRO MACHINES

Dear Star Wars, Star Trek and Babylon 5 Micro Machines Fan:

This message has been sent to you because over the past months you have
communicated with Galoob Toys about obtaining various kinds of
harder-to-find Micro Machines. (If this message was sent to you in
error,
or you have since found the Micro Machines you were looking for, we
apologize for the unnecessary mail.)

The news is:

If you have checked your area Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target and
Kay-Bee stores, and other toy and discount retailers--always the best
sources for any Galoob products--and are still unable to locate a
product,
we now offer limited direct sales as a service to consumers via our
1-800-4-GALOOB consumer service line.

But please note: SELECTION AND QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED--FIRST COME, FIRST
SERVED, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST--payment is by check or money order only,
there
are no special orders on out-of-stock items, and prices are
significantly
higher than they are in stores because of handling charges and because
we
are obliged not to compete with our retail customers. No dealers,
please.

The line is open from 9am to 5pm, Pacific time, Monday through Friday.

The reason why certain Micro Machines products have been harder to find
lately is that the spring and summer are the "dog days" of the toy
business. Product sells more slowly, and most retailers do not want to
order more product to restock their shelves until the fall and holiday
selling seasons arrive.

We are trying this experiment of making some limited quantities
available
directly to the public out of our appreciation for the dedicated Star
Wars,
Star Trek, Babylon 5 and other fans who have taken the time to contact
us
with their thoughts, suggestions and ideas.

Thanks for writing,

Galoob Toys
info-galoob@galoob.com

This offer is subject to change or withdrawal at any time without
notice.
Product availability is limited.

Prev: RE: HELP! Next: Re: Torpedoes