Prev: Re: Painting Photos Next: Re: Where can I find LotGH?

DS2 Fighter combat

From: Casey Robinson <robinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 20:05:40 -0700
Subject: DS2 Fighter combat

-- [ From: Casey Robinson * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Recently someone was asking about interface landings.  I don't have
anything
directly relating to that, I do have some extended areospace rules that
my
group wrote up last week.  (They have only been playtested once.)

Any comments/feedback/play results/whatever gladly accepted.

Now where did I put them... oh yeah.

Dirtside 2 Fighter Combat

Additional Fighter Activations:

	Dogfight: Attack another aerospace vehicle. The attacking player
rolls a
die for ECM type and a additional die based upon pilot quality(Green:D6,
Blue:D8, Orange:D10), and the defending player does the same. Compare
the
highest die from each player. The winning player gets to make one attack
on
the loser at a rage depending on the amount by which he beat his
opponent.
This attack will be made on the side or rear armor. The base range is 72
inches minus 1 foot for each point over the loser's highest die(minimum
of 1
foot). In the event of a tie no advantage is gained and none gets to
shoot.
This will also use the activation of the defender unless the defender
wishes
to ignore the attacker in which case the attacker automatically gets to
make
his attack at a rage of 12 inches. Guidance packages and warhead
technology
is assumed to have advance far enough for GMS systems to perform both
anti-
ground and anti-air roles.

	Intercept: Any unactivated aerospace craft may be used to
intercept an
opposing craft's activation(it may also be used to intercept air dropped
troops). This cancels their activation(not for troops) and forces a
dogfight
. Interceptions cannot be intercepted.

Air Superiority:

	Air Superiority is defined as having control of the skies
uncontested by
enemy aircraft.

	Air Dropping Troops: If air superiority is not achieved then a
reaction is
necessary for the troops to get the nerve to jump and for the pilots of
the
transport plane(assumed to be the same quality as the troops they are
carrying) to achieve a clear path steady enough for the troops to
disembark.
If the dropping player's side has more aerospace craft than the enemy
then a
threat level 0 reaction roll is required to jump. If there is an equal
number of aerospace craft then a threat level 1 roll is necessary with a
threat level 2 reaction roll required if the opposing player has more
aerospace craft available.

	 Air Dropped Troops: Air dropped troops may be intercepted upon
their way
to the ground. This is treated like a dogfight with the infantry having
basic ECM and no other die. Note that infantry CANNOT be hit with guided
missile systems. The infantry CANNOT fire back.

	Orbital Dropped Troops: These cannot be intercepted, molested or
otherwise
annoyed on their way to the ground. Too damn fast, and won't show up on
aircraft radar until its way to damn late.

Off-Table Support:

	Off-Table Support is vulnerable to attack by air forces once it
has fired
(until then we can assume the large area to hide in and camouflage are
sufficient to conceal them from aerial retribution). An activation may
be
spent to perform a normal ground attack upon the artillery, which are
assumed to be dug-in in their original position.

Artillery may become concealed again if they scoot and are
unmolested(not
attacked) during that turn. However if they are attacked while moving
they
are not in cover. If they are reconcealed they are considered to be in
soft
cover only, unless an engineering vehicle is assigned to the off-table
forces.

Prev: Re: Painting Photos Next: Re: Where can I find LotGH?