Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Cry from space (models)

Re: Full Thrust common house rules

From: kx.henderson@q...
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 19:25:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust common house rules

>I got Full Thrust.  I'll try it as is, I'm sure.  But I've
>seen here that there are a few house rules for some problems
>many people had in common.  The only one I remember was a
>common solution for balancing A, B, and C batteries.  I'd
>like to know more about that, plus any other house rules
>that a number of people have used.

The only problem with the Batteries is that the points cost for them is
unbalanced.  For the cost of two "C" batteries you can get one "B"
battery
which is far better, and for the cost of 3"B"'s you get two "A"'s, which
again are far better.  We have solved this by allowing the "C" batteries
act as weak PDAF's (as per the 'More Thrust' rules) and making "A"
batteries
one point dearer per battery.  Simple.	Effective.

>I also remember a simple thing about cloaking--that you decide
>when you are going to uncloak and give orders for all turns
>cloaked when you cloak.

You state when you cloak how long you cloak for and then mark the point
at
which your ship cloaks.  Remove it from the table and write the orders
for
the turns it is cloaked without the model being on the table.  Funny.

>Anything else?
>
>Thanks,
>andy
>andy.skinner@tseng.com

-Kelvin.....

      "Well..... at least I've got a hobby."
	       -Pete the Pyromaniac

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Cry from space (models)