Prev: Full Thrust common house rules Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...

Computer Campaign Helper...

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 13:01:40 -0400
Subject: Computer Campaign Helper...

Hi Pete,

>I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows of a program
that
>assists two or more players in a Full Thrust CAMPAIGN.  Specifically,
I'm
>looking for a program that will keep track of the fleets of each player

>such that movement on the campaign map is hidden.

Funny you should say that... I have been working on such a program on
and
off for the last couple of years (basically when the mood takes me and
it
doesn't feel too much like _real_ work). What I've got so far is a
generic
little program that handles map movement specifically to deal with the
"hidden movement" problem you mention. Its a simple DOS based .exe file,
so
can be run on any PC with or without Windows.

>I'm also looking for a program that monitors each systems resources,
and
>R&D advancements and the like so that you can start with small, less
>technologically advanced designs and work up to the more advanced
systems.

No, my program doesn't do anything like this. But you've just given me
the
idea....

>I know there are no rules in the FT/MT books covering R&D and system
>resources.  I was wondering if anyone out there has written, or tried
>write a computer program that does something similar to the above.

>Pete

I hope to eventually market the program as "Shareware". But I have a
problem (thats been aired here before, but what the heck...) that is,
how
do I sell such a program (I'd only be asking something like $5-7 US) in
the
States? Does anyone know a (cheap!) way of passing funds from a bank
account in the US to a bank account in the UK (or vice versa for that
matter)? How do other people who sell shareware do it? Anyone have any
ideas?

>P.S. If there isn't one out there then I guess I should start work
>on it, huh. ;)

Why not go ahead anyway, its a free world...

Mike Elliott (speaking for himself!)

Prev: Full Thrust common house rules Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...