Prev: Re: Campaign settings Next: Re: Campaign settings

Re: Campaign settings

From: a210486@t... (kosta kalogeropoulos 956-6476)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 13:29:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Campaign settings

In regards to Michael Carter Llaneza's possible approaches to Traveller
starship design (TSSD), maybe we should begin w/ a limited, simple
wpn. conversion system. There may be quite a large gap between the
largest
to smallest ship (but maybe we can abstract this situation a little).

Michael and a few others of you may have a little more background and
material than I do to help the effort. My view is basically to start
with
a ship (possibly a standard Traveller Cruiser) and work out weapon
conversions from there. Then we could take the high-end and low-end of
available ships and see how it all works together.

I've gotten used to using the FT ship designs in terms of thinking what
  classifications to put ships into, but maybe we should use a broader
    approach. So for our initial Cruiser design for example it could be
a      vessel that costs:300, 500, or even 1000 pts. as long as it helps
bring
more Traveller ship classes into the process.

By the way, can anyone tell me what are the best reference sources for
Traveller ships? I heard High Guard mentioned, and I've also heard of
Trillion Credit Squadron. I currently have 'Battle Rider' and the
'Fighting
Ships' supplement.

Kosta

Prev: Re: Campaign settings Next: Re: Campaign settings