Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

From: "Robert A. Crawford" <crawford@i...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:36:48 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

Adam Delafield:
>Nils
> >I have a friend that wants to create a Sauron army based on Jerry
> >Pournelle's (?) books like Mote in God's Eye.  What other books are
the
> >Sauron's in?  I've searched the internet for "Saurons" & only found 1

> >reference to them.  Does anyone have suggestions how to model their
> >forces in DSII & SGII?
> I can't remember any 'Saurons' in 'Mote in God's Eye'. In fact I
pretty
> sure that the Humans and Moties were the only two races (unless the
> Saurons is another name for the moties). There is a sequel, the Mote
> around Murchuson's Eye. (By Niven and Pournelle, as was the original)

	I think there _was_ a Sauron native in MiGE -- I seem to
remember one of the middies being from Sauron. The planet's history
was brought up during the formal dinner on the McArthur and it caused
an extremely uncomfortable silence.

	Sorry I can't do any better than that; I'll try to put
together a "best guess" at Sauron forces for SGII.

--
Robert Crawford      crawford@iac.net	  http://www.iac.net/~crawford

Occasionally someone compliments you. This generally makes all the
crap you normally receive worth the while.

Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons