Prev: Re: ISP charges was Re: No more.... Next: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saurons

Re: Those annoying aliens...

From: thumann@n... (Charles Thumann)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:14:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Those annoying aliens...

> Okay, I'll just chip in to say that:
>
> 1) Raising the MASS of class 3 railguns to 4 destroys some symmetry in
the
> prices/masses of the various railguns, but I do agree that what seem
to be
> minor changes in MASS requirements have huge ramifications in the long
term.

> 2) I find scatterguns to be grossly effective against incoming fighter

> attacks.  With each scattergun eliminating D6 fighters, why wouldn't
they
> crush any attacking fighters (unless you've already used them as the
grossly
> deadly anti-ship weapon they are) ?

I agree with you entirely.  The only way they don't work well against
fighters is if you've already thrown squadron after squadron of
komikazee
fighters after them to get rid of their scatterguns already, but if you
have that many fighters anyway you're gonna rip any enemy, Kra'Vak or
non-Kra'Vak--apart.

And the only way those Scatterguns are gonna be used against other ships

is if the Kra'Vak player made some serious piloting errors so he
couldn't
get his grossly effective railguns into position.