Prev: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules Next: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules / tables

Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

From: john.tailby@x...
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 16:25:11 -0700
Subject: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

If you wanted to make the configuration of ships in the FT universe
fleet books make sense, you could simply allow PDS to attack each
incoming ordnance attack. Maybe without the exploding dice mechanic.

Otherwise the fleet book ships don't make much sense unless the use of
missiles and fighters is very limited.

On Sun, 22/3/15, Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk> wrote:

 To: gzg@firedrake.org

 On Saturday 21 Mar 2015
 23:59:50 Hugh Fisher wrote:
 > For some time now
 I've been working on a rewrite of the Full Thrust
 point
 > defence rules to better handle
 very large numbers of fighters and/or the
 > dreaded "soap bubble" carriers.
 (I've posted about an earlier version
 > before.) I've finally managed to
 figure out how to handle salvo missiles

 in the new rules, and with various other tweaks and
 adjustments I think
 > they're ready
 for wider use.

 You can read them online at

<http://members.ozemail.com.au/~laranzu/fullthrust/rules/ftnewpds.html>

 > or download the
 PDF

<http://members.ozemail.com.au/~laranzu/fullthrust/rules/ftnewpds.pdf>

 > All feedback
 welcome.

 My first
 reaction is that it's introduced a whole load of
 tables
 into a game that hasn't needed
 them. So regardless of whether the
 mechanics
 have the desired effect, I'm not sure I'm sold on
 the
 implementation.

 --
 Be seeing you,
 Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules Next: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules / tables