Prev: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time! Next: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!

Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 08:18:21 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Well, I've been promising some new Starships before the end of the
> Xmas offer period - and I've JUST made it, with four days left for
> you to order some (if you want them, of course!). I'd hoped to get
> some more done, but a lot of factors (not least of which is the sheer
> number of orders I've had in already!) have conspired against it - I
> hope you'll like what I did succeed in getting finished.
>
> A lot of folks have bought the fleet pack for the "Mystery Fleet"
> since we made the first few models a good while back, and we've had
> many, many requests for more ships in this line - so, that's what
> we've done: all the existing ships (the two DD types, the BC and the
> Light Carrier) have now had NEW MOULDS made, plus there are three
> all-new classes out today - a little Frigate, a Strike (Heavy)
> Cruiser and a lovely big Dreadnought.
>
> They are all up on the store NOW and ready for your orders!

And they look REALLY nice!

> The other bit of news about these ships is that they are the "Mystery
> Fleet" no longer - after much lengthy consideration and discussion,
> we've decided that they will be the fleet for the CRUSTIES! The
> ground troops for these crustacean-like exoskeletal aliens have been
> one of our most successful ranges in15mm, and they really needed a
> fleet for FT games - and the more I looked at the ships, the more
> their shape and design style seemed to fit with the tech base of the
> Crusties - so, that's what they are going to be!
> Of course, as it's all Sci Fi and our "official" background is all
> completely optional anyway, if you prefer to use the ships for
> another race or faction within your preferred "universe"  then that's
> fine with us - but at least they now have an "official" designation
> for us to refer to them.

Blurg. Not seeing a connection between the mystery fleet and the
crusties.
Doesn't work for me. Would have rather have had the mystery fleet be a
tech
upgrade to the UNSC. Ah well. Still be ordering them, though!

Mk

Prev: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time! Next: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!