Prev: Re: [GZG] PAU Miniatures Next: Re: [GZG] A Sad Day

Re: [GZG] DW Companions (was: A Sad Day)

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:14:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] DW Companions (was: A Sad Day)

On 23/04/2011 23:47, Tom B wrote:
> As to whether the passing of Lis Sladen is an excuse for a 'best
> companion' argument, when has this list ever required an actual excuse

> for a fun argument?
And from everything I know about Ms Sladen (not that much, I admit), I
think she'd rather enjoy the discussion. It is, in its own twisted way
(highly appropriate for this list, wouldn't you say? <g>), a celebration

of life, and hers in particular, rather than a focus on death. I think
Sarah Jane Smith would be both ever-so-slightly disapproving and amused
at the same time.
> Most of the time, having one fleshy companion was all the doctor got.
> If he got two, then the second was a rather gormless tool like Adric.
Funny how most of those have been male -- possibly because the female of

the species is what the DW Minis Game calls a "Screamer Companion". Rory

is an interesting example of the breed, being outwardly gormless but
with a core of steel if Amy is threatened. He nicely passes the Ace Test

after "The Big Bang" and shooting out the Stone Dalek's eye <g>.

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] PAU Miniatures Next: Re: [GZG] A Sad Day