Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] How to do Stargate style shields as an FT FB system

Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:43:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance

Thinkng about it a bit more, moving the firing resolution step to the
mid point of the turn would really change vector movment.

As I understand it mst vector movement is turn, thrust, turn to bear,
fire.

By resolving the fire during the middle of the turn, you force people to
be facing their target during the mid point of their turn.

Also if I have a 12" range weapon and am in range and arc for 50% of the
turn, I should get 50% of the shots not zero because you have added 25%
to the range and now I am out of range.

I agree with the other posters, I think you will add a lot of complexity
to the game and so reduce the ability to play a game of cruiser
squadrons in a couple of hours.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] How to do Stargate style shields as an FT FB system