Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Dice Roller Next: Re: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller

[GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:57:29 -0600
Subject: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller

I'm curious if anyone finds these to be the game stopper I do? I know
it's
a huge part of the fun watching damage accrue to an opponent, and
therefore
may seem to be less of a burden just because it's of interest to all.
Still, I think it can put a real pause in the action.

Has anyone else tried color-keyed dice in the process? I did it with
some
very small ships in massed furballs. Of course, there were usually
enough
hits to simple overwhelm the little guys, but if not, it was nice
dumping a
small group of dice, and simply calling out the color of those that went
in.

I've thought about, but haven't tried, splitting up larger ships into
sections, and color coding the systems in each. I've found that about
six
colors is a max to trying to keep damage allocation simple. 'Is that red
orange or just orange? Blue? Sorry, looks like green to me, but I've
always
had trouble with turquoise.'

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Dice Roller Next: Re: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller