Prev: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller Next: [GZG] Threshold Checks

Re: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:35:23 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 01:57:29PM -0600, Doug Evans wrote:
>I'm curious if anyone finds these to be the game stopper I do? I know
it's
>a huge part of the fun watching damage accrue to an opponent, and
therefore
>may seem to be less of a burden just because it's of interest to all.
>Still, I think it can put a real pause in the action.

I've found a very specific procedure which works faster than anything
else - at least for me. Hold the pen/pencil in the right hand, and a
die in the left.  Work out what number you're shooting for (e.g. "dies
on a five or six").  Then just move the pen across the SSD, rolling the
die once per system, and crossing it off if it's damaged (then scooping
up the die still with the left hand).

Roger

Prev: [GZG] Threshold checks was Re: FT Dice Roller Next: [GZG] Threshold Checks