Prev: Re: [GZG] Measuring and Vector Next: Re: [GZG] Points system

[GZG] Points system

From: Robert Mayberry <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 08:49:45 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Points system

OK I know this sounds crazy but...

Has anyone compiled a list of Full Thrust engagements and their
outcomes? It suddenly occurs to me that we keep chasing our tails
trying to figure out if fighters are more or less than the sum of
their capabilities, or whatever.

With a big enough data set (which yes takes a couple years to
collect), we could just run a big logistic regression to predict
probability of winning. All those non-linear relationships could be
identified and factored in.

Just a thought.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Measuring and Vector Next: Re: [GZG] Points system