Prev: Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS -somefeedback Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:49:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm figure skirmish basing

>Keep trying outside the box; I've found electrical outlet box punch out
>tabs at about US nickel (5 cent piece) size to be either fair 25-28mm
>bases, or very good inserts to GW round bases to add stability. Haven't
>ever done the magnetic sheet thing, but they are ferrous.
>
>Helps to have regular construction in the workplace building.
>
>There has to be something similar but smaller...
>
>The_Beast

Many, many years ago, when I used to play some 15mm skirmish games on
Traveller-style ship deckplans that had a 1/2" square grid, I based
individual 15mm figures on 1/2" square card boardgame counters (I was
able to buy some diecut sheets of blank ones from a local games shop,
so I wasn't using the counters from actual games!).  Made it easy to
determine figure facing for game purposes!

Jon (GZG)