Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG Summer Special Offer Time! :-) Next: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval

Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:49:02 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> How would you model ESGs and PPDs? I was actually looking at the
graser for
> the PPD, too, but haven't really settled on that. Examining the ships
I want
> to put on the table in the near term, none of the Hydrans use a
hellbore, so
> that's really of less import than the other ones I want to work on.

Short on time, for the moment, but have an idea for the PPD.

The PPD does damage as a standard beam battery, except that it gets a
reroll starting at 4, but the next rerolls are earned with a 5, and
any remaining rerolls on a 6.

Estimating the mass/cost for a weapon can be done by plotting average
damage versus range and comparing it to the beam battery.  More on
this, later.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG Summer Special Offer Time! :-) Next: [GZG] FT: Modern Naval