Prev: Re: [GZG] FoW, Shows and Aimless Gamers Next: Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG Summer Special Offer Time! :-)

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:48:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG Summer Special Offer Time! :-)

Thanks, Jon and Brendan!

I hadn't keyed on thresholds, a point I'll have to give serious thought.

CPV IS probably the way to go, but I've never sat down and computed them
for most things, and I'm always losing the formula anyway. ;->=?

I do wish to give more weight to destroyed vs. damaged ships, even in
the
case of what should be barely moving, teeth-pulled, hulks. Rather than
monitoring damaged systems, DCP's during turns, , I'm giving them full
resets between battle turns. I got some whinning out of a FSE player the
last time I tried to make him run a fleet train for his missiles and
fighters. I decided to go with everybody back to full systems.

I have to admit fully battle-capable battleship with a couple of hull
points is indefensible, but that may be the way we play. Assuming I can
'herd cats' and get them to play at all.

K.I.S.S. may translate to Keep It Simple AND Stupid...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] FoW, Shows and Aimless Gamers Next: Re: [GZG] SFB to Full Thrust conversions