Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:36:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk> wrote:

> Even more unrelated, I made the following when running some D&D 3rd
> a few years back when I realised obtaining several dozen giant figures
> just wasn't practical.

Along with Steve Jackson's cardboard figures, Politically Incorrect
Games sells a range of "Disposable Heroes". Along with a wide range of
fantasy figures, they also have steampunk, cyberpunk, World War II
(Germans and Americans), pulp, western, space science fiction, horror,
and anime. You download them as PDFs and print as many as you need on
your own paper.

The Disposable Heroes line is unique in that they now offer
three-sided figures instead of the Steve Jackson two-sided figures.
Steve Jackson's are actually three sided, but they form a tent shape,
with the figure lying on on the short side. The Disposable Heroes
figures are also three sided, but they lie on the open edge. The
figure has two front sides (a left and a right) and one back side.
They seem a little more stable than the older style.

Unique to Disposable Heroes is their "Customizable" versus "Statix"
option. The Statix figures are just a wide range of figures. The
Customizable option is more expensive, but you get to pick and choose
what appears on the file, so you don't waste ink printing figures you
don't use. This is particularly good for building an army of the same
set of figures.

I have a fantasy set. I'm not crazy about the science fiction set (Jon
has little to worry about, competition wise). Some of the other sets
look pretty interesting, though.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?