Prev: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:46:07 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

On  May19 08, at 01:21, Eli Arndt wrote:

> I am in the pro forum camp. I find forums are easier to follow
> specific
> threads and to weed out those threads you don't care to follow.
> They are
> also easier to look up older threads without having to navigate a
> separate
> archive site. At least this has been my experience.

I have the opposite experience, forums tend to be slower for me. I
can scan my Email in a much shorter time, forums I have to open each
thread to find if there is something interesting, or if I find
something to reply too it might be buried in the middle and be
impossible to meaningfully respond to. Forums also are very
restrictive when it comes to spawning sub-threads when a topic
bifurcates into multiple related threads.

Mail comes to me, thus I pay attention to it, a web forum I have to
go to, much less likely for me to check on a daily basis. i.e. forums
fragment and slow my participation.

I wouldn't mind forums if they could be set up to forward new topics
and posts to email as well as receive replies from email also.

Evyn MacDude
infojunky@ceecom.net

"When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House
Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but
neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that
of any other participant, may be revealed"

Prev: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John