Prev: Re: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies) Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

From: germ@g...
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:11:43 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John

Just to add a few more points on this topic.

Allan raises some good points regarding the use of Forums.
I currently visit four forums on a regular basis and as well as the
option of just seeing the posts made since my last visit they also have
a feature that e-mail's to notify me of a reply to a topic I have posted
on.
I've used this to great effect on playtest forums where you need to keep
pace with an active conversation.

So they sort of act like mailing lists if you want them to.

I find the ability to follow threads easier on a forum, not having to
worry about cutting out repeated text in replying to e-mails is also a
bonus. You also cut down on private posts going to the whole list :)
(guilty as charged on at least one occasion!).

I agree that a forum may reduce the traffic from this list and that some
members of this list will not move to a forum. But I also see an
official forum with a GZG e-mail newsletter where Jon can inform the
membership of deals and new items as the way to go.

--
Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies) Next: Re: [GZG] List moderation was: Dear John