Prev: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?) Next: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:04:09 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

On Jan 31, 2008 1:21 PM, Damo <damosan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2008, at 10:52 AM, John Atkinson wrote:
>
> > On Jan 31, 2008 6:42 AM, Damo <damosan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Relatively little, actually.
>
> What basic tenets have changed in room to room combat?

I'm not regurgitating the appropriate field manual.  That is left as
an exercise for the student.  But technological changes have been
introduced, including the following.

Night vision.

Automatic or burst fire weapons in the hands of every single combatant.

Automatic Rifles (M-249, RPK) as common issue, with enough ammo to
matter.  The only WWII equivalent was the BAR, and that was huge,
unweildy, and had a mere 20rd mag.

Body armor.

Radio communications down to the individual or at least the team leader.

Smaller squads in most 1st World Armies.

Vehicle support, frequently armored, integrated at every level.

More responsive and more accurate artillery and air support.

The impact on MOUT should be immediately obvious.

John
--Vita Aureliani